I'm not sure how it is already May, but that means we are only a few short weeks away from Mother's Day, and until this post I hadn't even thought about what to get the special women in my life. It's always hard for me to find that perfect gift, a gift that the receiver both needs and wants. The key for me is knowing what that person's likes and will appreciate.
Take me for example, as a single mom living on a budget, I always ask for things that I want. Why? Because if I truly need something I can make the sacrifice or decision to spend that money. For example, I'm currently down 25 pounds (insert roof raising emoji here) so the decision to purchase smaller bottoms is easy to make because they are necessary unless I want to get comfortable showing my crack like my 6 year old. However, it's much more difficult to convince myself to purchase those cute tassel earrings that I've been dying over all spring or to pull the card out and purchase a little luxury item that may be a bit out of my typical price range- like these incredibly cute bow slip on shoes or these even cuter slides!
I haven't asked for anything this Mother's Day, I'm just praying for some quiet time with my main squeeze. But the gifts that mean the most to me say "I've been listening and I know you wouldn't ever buy these yourself so thank you for all you do!"
Below are a few gifts I would be tickled pink to receive this year, some are a little more than I would typically pay for an item- but when I purchase gifts for people I love, I work off a different type of budget than when I am buying for myself. How about you?
1. 'You da Mom' Porcelain Trinket Tray. I love the cute little saying and the gold accents, little trinket trays always make great gifts because they something that is both cute and incredibly useful. Plus, if I take my earrings out chances are one will be gone when I want to put them back in.
2. MAC Eye Shadow Palette. Palettes make a great gift for most women, whether they wear makeup daily or just for special occasions like me. This MAC palette includes 15 beautiful colors and I don't see a single one I don't love!
3. Steven by Steve Madden Embellished Envelope Clutch. I'm your typical big bag lover, but the clutches that are all the rave this year have me dying! I cannot wait to add one to my closet, the fun embellishments and details scream summer and would be perfect on vacation. I'm in love with the colors of this Steve Madden number and the tassels make my heart skip a beat! It also includes a drop-in serpentine chain strap so you can over over the shoulder when you want your hands free. Can you say perfection?
4. Mom Mug. I'm including this gift because moms in general swear by coffee..haha, I on the other hand hate coffee and swear by wine. This mug is super cute though, so if I drank coffee I would be thrilled with it, if I received it as a gift I'd simply fill it with wine instead.
5. Kate Spade New York Letter Pendant Necklace. This necklace is simple and dainty, perfect for wearing alone or layering. The initial detail is what makes it perfect for mother's day and why I want one!
6. Rebecca Minkoff Stacey Denim Slip On Sneakers. These denim slip-on sneakers are too cute! That bow, all the heart eyes! I would love to own these, but wouldn't be able to spend this much on myself, which is why it's always fun and meaningful when someone splurges on you!
7. Lancome La Vie Est Belle. This perfume is one of my favorites- I actually received it as a gift for Christmas! According to the scent description "La vie est Belle entwines the elegance of iris with the strength of patchouli and the sweetness of praline. Floral notes of sambac, jasmine and tunisian orange blossom are added in the form of sublime absolutes." Those must be fancy words for this perfume is amazing and smells very pretty and feminine!
8. Michael Kors Mother's Day Crystal Heart Rose Gold Necklace. Come on guys, this necklace even has "Mother's Day" in the description! I love that this necklace is rose gold and the simple dainty design is beautiful.
9. H&M Pineapple Candle. Hello, cute candle. Now, some people will say that candles aren't a good gift. I would disagree, I always love receiving any kind of smelly good and this cute gold pineapple design makes me love it even more!
10. T3 Volumizing Hot Rollers. Here's another splurge on mommy gift idea! Several of the bloggers I follow use this brand and have had great things to say. I was just talking about how I needed to start using rollers and these are suppose to be ideal for creating soft waves or voluminous curls..and isn't that what we all want?
11. Presto Waffle Bowl Maker. Now, I typically wouldn't suggest getting mom a git intended for cooking or cleaning, but how fun does this waffle bowl maker look? This gift would reinvent breakfast and at an amazing price point.
12. Quay Sunglasses. Oh how fun are these, I love the rose color and the cut out details!
13. Mom of the Year Tee. I love all of the fun graphic tees, but how could one get better than this, because after all- aren't we all Mom's of the year?!
14. Baublebar Earrings. As I mentioned before- my love for these earrings is strong, so anyone who wants to hook a girl up, you just let me know! If the mom in your life is an obsessed as I am, she will be happy with any color!! So surprise her!
15. Kate Spade-Hartley Backpack. This nylon backpack is detailed with leather trim and 14-karat gold and would be the perfect carry all for day trips with the kiddos this summer.
16. Kate Spade Slip On Sneakers. Um....WOW! I'm so in love with these ked's- bright colors and that tassel, could they be anymore perfect for summer?
17. Kate Spade Business Card Holder. Now, this gift may not be perfect for everyone, but if the mom in your life in an entrepreneur I'm sure they would love this sleek and stylish card holder. It also comes in a variety of colors and is on sale for under $20.
I hope this Mother's Day Gift Guide gave you a little inspiration, what items are you eyeing for Mother's Day this year?
Here are a few more gift ideas if you are still on the hunt!
Thanks for stopping by!