This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a commission at no cost to you.
Why Hello August, where did you come from? I’m not sure how this happened but today marks the first day of August and if you haven’t been thinking about it already now is the time to think about back to school shopping. As the mom of a rough and tumble boy I am always looking for pieces that will stand up to all Raidyn dishes out. Also, as all of us moms know our kids can fit into an outfit one day and the next week those shorts will barely button, for that reason I always try to remind myself not to go crazy school shopping! We ran into this issue several times as kindergarten came to a close. So, this year I plan to focus on athletic wear and shorts for back to school because it’s still hotter than a witches tit here in North Carolina and I will buy jeans and long sleeves later in the year. But for y’all I am putting together a capsule wardrobe of 21 items for little boys. These items are perfect for back to school and they are easy on your wallet. Every item I am linking for you is from Old Navy, why? Because it is one of my favorite places to find clothes for my son and the prices and sales really can't be beat. Right now all baby and kids items are on sale (up to 50% off) plus you get 35% off most items at check out and you can earn $10 in Super Cash for every $25 you spend today through September 4th!! PLUS, if you haven't signed up for their mailing list you can do that and save 30% off your next order!! Without any extra coupon codes you can get all 21 items linked below for less than $225!
1. Plain White Tee.
2. Solid Black Tee.
I had to include both a white and black tee because they are so important, Raidyn has so many things that he needs a solid color t-shirt for, plus they are perfect under button ups and hoodies as we transition into fall.
3. Short Sleeve Button Up Shirt.
4. Color Block Pocket Tee. I love these little t-shirts. They are so versatile and their dang cute on top of that.
5. Graphic Tee. All boys love a good graphic tee, so we've got to keep their wardrobe a little fun and show off their unique personality! I particularly love this astronaut graphic tee and Old Navy has a great variety of deigns for your little guy.
6. Long Sleeve Button Up. The school year always starts with fall pictures about a month in, so I always try to pick up a good button up for that reason and I absolutely love this olive option. This color will work great as we head into fall and the neutral color will be great for layering.
7. Raglan Sleeve Tee.
8. Color Block Pocket Long Sleeve Tee.
9. Long Sleeve Henley.
10. Zip Up Hoodie. I mentioned earlier how hot it still is here, so it's hard to imagine my son putting this on anytime soon but my kid is always freezing in the morning, so this is a great option for added morning warmth that is easy to shed as the temps rise.
When it comes to shopping for bottoms, I tend to stay away from jeans. While I love them and they look great with everything my son HATES when I put "button pants" on him for school. So, I try to go with elastic waist options so he doesn't have to struggle with buttons or be uncomfortable at recess. I always purchase at least one pair of good blue jeans each year for photos.
11. Utility Shorts.
12. Twill Jogger Shorts.
13. Flat Front Joggers. We love these! They look nice but at super comfy!
17. Lunch Tote.
18. Lace Up Sneakers. These come in 5 different colors, I just happen to have a camo obsessed boy on my hands.
19. Slip On Sneakers.
20. High Top Shoes. I love that these faux leather high tops dress up your basic tennis shoe.
21. Socks. If you're kid is anything like mine- you have to buy socks all the time. I'm not sure where or how he manages to lose socks so regularly...but he does it. This is the year I quit buying cutesy socks that I have to hunt down the mate to, solid color socks from here on out!
What items are on your Back to School Shopping wish list? I would love to see the pieces you've picked out for your kiddos!!
Thanks for stopping by!